*I do not mean this in the Oprah sense, sadly. (“you get a ghost story! and YOU get a ghost story!”)
Lately I can’t read enough about any of the following subjects (h/t to Metafilter for a lot of these):
- How Jesus may or may not have been on mushrooms, in fact the entire religion and iconography of Catholicism may be based on a bunch of dudes tripping balls several thousand years ago? Then my friend from work pointed this out to me, and I was like man I gotta study the alternate history of Earth featuring heavy uses of psychedelics.
- How there used to be some seriously big-ass sloths out there and yet somehow no one barely ever talks about it!
- What the Ancient Roman toilet situation was all about, or like, any time in the past for that matter.
- What it was like to wear those weird old period belts
- Extensive political analysis or fan theories of fictional worlds (almost all courtesy of Reddit and/or Cracked)